Friday, September 20, 2013

death to life


The loss of animals in my life has been painful and although not all have died, I have grieved the loss of each. As I did today's project, I was amazed at the reflection of my experiences!



Here is what I observed in my head, what I saw, and what I perceived...
First, I put my pain in a tidy little box. 
Include my emotions & memories, then tie it up.

A river felt like a good place to let the grief softly slip away.
Place the box in the water (take that first step of letting go)
and swooooosh......it's gone!

A little time goes by and I realize that it actually had gotten caught in a cranny in my mind and is now whirling round & round.
Sometimes I need help, 
someone to come along and give a little push.

Relief.
It's gone again.

Oh no, here I go again. Whirling. Now back a step or two.
Then, with all the strength I can muster, with a thrust,
I'm free again.

This time, I forgive myself.

I can get back on the path toward the next part of this journey.



3 comments:

Christine said...

My natural inclination is to go deep in my head but today (once again) showed me that it is important to be aware of all my surroundings as I journey along! My husband and I found this beautiful, peaceful location accidentally. And there, off to the side, were a sweet, cool young couple who became an uplifting part of my journey because we took a moment to share!

Tony said...

I'm so happy to see you investing this time in yourself. Who knew this season would prove to offer so much opportunity for growth? I can't wait to see what each new day brings! I love you very much and am so proud to be your husband.

Christine said...

Thank you so much sweetheart. I couldn't allow myself to go down this road without your support, encouragement, and love.