Saturday, November 2, 2013

Exploration of a Blank Canvas

On November 1st 2013 I began a One Year, Black & White adventure of self-discovery.

I have felt quite stuck in my life and in my person for some time now.
I have found that so much of what I am like today has come from external influences 
so I've decided to give myself the opportunity to rediscover the things 
that are innate...the real me...the intended me. 

The art that I create comes out of me and is a reflection of me.
So I have also been stuck artistically for a long time.

I am a very visual and experiential learner which lead me to this 1 year plan:

Begin identifying and shedding what has been added on.
                         
                       * B&W clothing. Colored accessories ok, for now any way.
                       * Set myself free from unnecessary rules in my head.
                       * Let go of judging myself.
                       * B&W mediums. Other materials ok to be colors for now.
                       * Do art for enjoyment!


My hope, my vision, and my prayer is that I will begin to see and understand 
myself more clearly.  And, with that, I will have the opportunity 
to make new choices and, hopefully, 
begin a transformation that is leading me to be a better person.

Let the Explorations begin!


No comments: